Check-out our drop-in hours. At the beginning of each session we will host a 5-10 minute demo, followed by an open agenda. If you know you have a question or topic that you'd like to focus on, feel free to sign up ahead of time to ensure that it is addressed in a particular session. Participants are welcome to drop by for only part of the hour.
The following demos provide an overview on how to use APIs and packages mentioned within this repo:
- What is an API?, recorded presentation from the Ecological Society of America Data Help Desk, 2020
- Basic overview of the ridigbio package (view in browser) (download for local use)
- Overview of iDigBio APIs, with an example of using the download API
- Demo of downloading records within a bounding box
Sources for specimen data
Interested in where you can find biodiversity specimen data? We complied a table of biodiversity data aggregators here!
- Identify data that have been modified by aggregator data quality processing
- Report metrics for collections within an institution
- Report metrics for specimen-based project
Finding physical specimens
- Find specimens that are or could be subsampled for tissue
- Identify people to contact based on data provided
- Link from aggregator to CMS record